Let us all admit that we shave every morning as soon as the first hairs appear on our chin. Do you know how many razors you have used?
A lot, you will tell me!
After all, you have a multitude of options, including a mechanical or electric razor, and choosing the disposable or replaceable blade options means you have to buy more regularly…
But it is the time to get out of this hairy situation, there is another solution coming from a more ancient time that anyone less than 20 years old will not understand: the straight razor, where the shaving job is clearly more durable than it is with its competitors.
You don’t need a razor with 36 blades in order to get a close shave, but one reliable and effective blade that can shave some time off of your morning routine. Only a sharpening from time to time allows for the razor to retain its cutting-edge quality, just like a kitchen knife.
It may be an investment at the start, but it is very quickly paid off.
YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL SAVINGS*
Every time you use a straight razor instead of a disposable one, you are helping to save approximately:
- 0.3 oz / 9 g of plastic waste,
- 1.35 fl oz / 40 ml of oil (manufacturing and transportation of the razor)
- 0.58 gal. / 2.2 liters of water (oil extraction)
- 8.7 kW of power (manufacturing of the razor)
- 0.88 oz / 25 g of CO2 equivalent (oil extraction, power production and transportation)
- 5.9 ft² / 0.55 m² of ecological footprint (virtual forest required to absorb CO2 emissions),
(*) These data are statistically estimated for personal use only. Any use for scientific, business or legal purposes is strongly discouraged.